For some people, including me, sunset is an inspiring scene. I captioned one of my photos on sunrise/sunset with this:
Life is all about sunrises and sunsets. Sunrises to make you thankful for a new day. And sunsets to make you grateful for what a day has been.
Here are my five favourite photos of sunset while on travel (captured using my phone):
5. Sunset in San Juan, La Union. I love how the rays registered, appearing like a spotlight for the surfers in the water.
4. Sunset in Kalanggaman Island, Leyte. I posted this photo in my Instagram account and one user commented how he loves the silvery appearance of the clouds.
3. Sunset in Moalboal, Cebu. I discovered a great place to hang-out while watching the sunset in this laid-back town. It’s called Andy’s Talisai (named after the talisai tree, scientifically known as Terminalia catappa that serves as shade). It’s one of my photos on sunset with the most likes.
2. Sunset in San Narciso, Zambales. This is special because it was my first time seeing a rainbow during a sunset. Everyone was busy taking picture of the sun setting “in the water.” Then, I noticed a lady taking a picture of the sky at the exact opposite direction. When I turned to see what’s keeping her busy, I saw the magnificence of a rainbow. (Note: The cover photo was also taken from this place.)
1. Sunset in Bagan, Myanmar. It was my first time to visit Myanmar. Bagan had me already with its two-thousand-plus temples. But when I witnessed the rays of the sun shining through the stupas of the temples and pagodas, everything felt magical.